Finding the 'Life' in Life History, 1989 PDF
- Vincent, Wayne
- Finding the 'Life' in Life History
- 0.02 linear feet
- Collection Number
- Vincent, Wayne was a student of folklore at the University of Oregon. This collection includes an essay and fieldwork documentation relating to this student's folklore fieldwork project.
- University of Oregon, Archives of Northwest Folklore
1287 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for access in accordance with Archives of Northwest Folklore policy.
- Publication of this finding aid was supported in whole or part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by Oregon State Library.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This project addresses issues of ethics, representation, and the communication of an emic point of view in ethnographic writings and fieldwork projects. The subject of the project itself is a Chinese Tai Chi instructor.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Collection is open for use in accordance with Archives of Northwest Folklore policy and additional stipulations by collectors or informants. See project release form in collection file for additional stipulations.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||Project release form|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Chinese customs
- martial arts philosophy
- Tai Chi
- Personal Names :
- Chan, Sik Hung
- Geographical Names :
- Eugene (Or.)
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Fieldwork project
- Personal experience narratives