E. Lee Crawford Collection, 1844-1955 PDF
- Crawford, E. Lee
- E. Lee Crawford Collection
- 1844-1955 (inclusive)18441955
- 2.1 cubic feet, (5 boxes)
- Collection Number
- OrSlTCC Crawford
- The collection contains background and case materials for claims cases brought to the Court of Claims, Supreme Court, and Indian Claims Commission by the Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians and other western Oregon tribes from 1940-1955.
- Confederated Tribes of the Siletz, Tribal Cultural Collections
402 Park Way P.O. Box 549
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
- Collection materials are in English.
- Funding for preparing this finding aid was provided through a grant rewarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection contains materials gathered by E. Lee Crawford from the seven cases he represented western Oregon tribes from 1940-1955. Materials include pamphlets and documents from the cases, including petitions, plaintiff and defendant exhibits, and transcripts from hearings. Other materials include background information on the 1855 treaties and land values, and newspaper clippings regarding the claims cases.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Claims Cases, 1940-1955Return to Top
Container(s): Box 1-3, Box-folder 4/1-14
Court of Claims Case #45230 Alcea Band of Tillamooks, et al. v. the United States
Supreme Court Case #387 United States v. Alcea Band of Tillamooks, et al.
Supreme Court Case #26 United States v. Alcea Band of Tillamooks, et al., on Writ of Certiorari to the Court of Claims
Supreme Court Case #281 United States v. Alcea Band of Tillamooks, et al.
Court of Claims Case #45231 Rogue River Tribe v. United States
Supreme Court Case #282 United States v. Rogue River Tribe, et al.
|2/8-10, 3/1-3, 4/1-14||
Indian Claims Commission Case #239 Tillamook Tribe, et al. v. United States
Background Materials, 1844-1952Return to Top
Container(s): Box-folder 4/15-19, Box 5-7
Historical and Case Materials
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Indians of North America--Claims--Oregon
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Newspaper clippings
- Photographic prints
- Other Creators :
- Corporate Names :
- Lincoln County Historical Society (Lincoln County, Or.) (creator)