Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, Seatac, Washington, Records, 1955-2012 PDF
- Prince of Peace Lutheran Church (Seatac, Wash.)
- Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, Seatac, Washington, Records
- 1955-2012 (inclusive)19552012
- 1 file
- Collection Number
- OPVELCA7a5_385 (collection)
- Collection contains the records of Prince of Peace Lutheran Church in Seatac, Washington.
- Pacific Lutheran University, Archives and Special Collections
Archives and Special Collections
Pacific Lutheran University
12180 Park Avenue South
- Access Restrictions
Collection is available for research
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.Processing funded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Prince of Peace began as a mission congregation of the ALC in November of 1955 under the leadership of Norman L. Orth. Services were held in North Hill Elementary School and the first unit was completed in 1956. In 1958 construction began on a second unit which includes the present sanctuary, offices and classrooms. It was completed in March of 1959. A new parish education wing was added in 1976. This congregation grew rapidly, and through the years has expanded its program to include refugee assistance, community concerns, and support of missionaries overseas.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This folder contains a congregational historical record, a booklet encouraging giving towards the new church, a booklet from the dedication services, an invitation to the dedication service, a congregational statistical record, letters of call, a statement of equalization, various letters, a record of congregational stewardship, a counselor’s program report, parochial reports from 1960-1963, a constitution from the church.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Archives and Special Collections Department at Pacific Lutheran University. Copyright resides with the creator of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to the University Archivist. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder
From the Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, Seatac, Washington, Records, OPVELCA7a5_385, Archives and Special Collections, ELCA Region I Archives, Pacific Lutheran University, 12180 Park Avenue South, Tacoma, WA 98447
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Church work with refugees
- Lutherans--Washington (State)--History
- Personal Names :
- Adix, Harald, 1965-1971
- Ross, Robert M., 1973-1975
- Carlsen, Carl, 1978-1979
- Foss, Richard J., 1979-?
- Gravroc, Mark P., 1980-?
- Houglum, Mark, 1976-1978
- Hunter, James P., 1971-1978
- Jaeger, James, 1964-1965
- Nieman, Richard G., 1966-1972
- Orth, Norman L., 1955-1964
- Sandvig, Edwin, 1962-1964
- Tollefson, Conrad E.
- Winder, Nancy L., 1978-1979
- Corporate Names :
- American Lutheran Church
- Evangelical Lutheran Church--History
- Evangelical Lutheran Church--Northwest Washington Synod
- Geographical Names :
- SeaTac (Wash.)
- Seattle (Wash.)
- Occupations :