Virginia Grant Darney Papers, 1979-1993 PDF
- Darney , Virginia Grant
- Virginia Grant Darney Papers
- 1979-1993 (inclusive)19791993
- 0.125 cubic feet
- Collection Number
- This collection documents the work of Virginia Grant Darney, an Evergreen State College faculty member, from 1979 to 1993.
- The Evergreen State College, Malcolm Stilson Archives and Special Collections.
Archives and Special Collections
Daniel J. Evans Library
The Evergreen State College
2700 Evergreen Parkway NW
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
- Funded through a National Endowment for the Humanities “We the People” grant for Washington Women’s History to the Washington Women’s History Consortium, a part of the Washington State Historical Society. Any views, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this website do not necessarily reflect those of the National Endowment for the Humanities. Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Virginia (Jin) Grant Darney graduated with her Associate of Arts from Christian College in 1963, her Bachelor of Arts in American Literature from Stanford University in 1965, her Masters of Arts in Secondary English Education from Stanford University in 1966, an additional Masters of Arts in U.S. Studies at King's College, University of London in 1972, and her PhD. in American Studies from Emory University in 1982. She was an Evergreen State College(TESC) faculty member from 1979 to 2005 except from 1994 to 2001 when she was Academic Dean. From 1979 to 1990 she was the Director of the Vancouver Campus. She retired and received Emeritus status in 2005. While teaching at TESC she specialized in Literature and Women's Studies. Additionally she participated in campus governance activities such as the Faculty Hiring Disappearing Task Force, advisory boards ad the External Credit Review Committee. She was also the Advisor to the Orwell program at the University of Minnesota, a member of Washington Center for Improving the quality of Undergraduate Education, and she presented on Women's Studies and Literary Criticism. From 1986 to 1987 she was on Sabbatical to work on "The Pattern of Women’s Lives in African and Afro-Caribbean Women’s Autobiography and Fiction" for which she was appointed an Honorary Research Fellow by the Institute of the United States Studies in London.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This collection consists of student evaluations of faculty, National Endowment for the "Humanities Summer Seminar for College Teachers, 1988: Feminist Criticism: Issues in Literary Theory" materials, materials relating to sabbatical research, program descriptions and syllabi for Vancouver programs, and correspondence documenting the work of Virginia(Jin) Grant Darney from 1979 to 1992.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Duplication by the archives in no way transfers either copyright or property right, nor does it constitute permission to publish in excess of "fair use" or to display the materials.
In all cases, publication or display of our materials must carry the credit line: "From The Evergreen State College Archives". Citations of specific materials should include the accession number, provenance and series title, file folder heading (if any) followed by the specific item's identification (title or description).
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1/1||Evaluations by Students||1983-1984|
|1/2||Student Evals of Faculty||1985-1986|
|1/3||Evaluations by Students||1987-1992|
|1/4||NEH Summer Seminar||1988-1989|
|1/5||Sabbatical: Research Work||1986-1987|
|1/6||Program Descriptions and Syllabi Vancouver Programs||1979-1989|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Curriculum planning
- Feminist literature--Study and teaching (Higher)--Washington (State)--Olympia
- Women's studies--Study and teaching (Higher)--Washington (State)--Olympia
- Personal Names :
- Darney , Virginia Grant--Archives
- Corporate Names :
- Evergreen State College. Faculty.