George Humphrey personal account books, 1866-1867 PDF
- Humphrey, George
- George Humphrey personal account books
- 1866-1867 (inclusive)18661867
- 0.025 linear feet, (1 folder.)
- Collection Number
- A 058
- George Humphrey was a resident of Springfield, Oregon who held interests in sheep, the Oregon Iron Works, the Oregon Central Military Wagon Road, and the Springfield Manufacturing company. The collection (1866-1867) consists of two personal account books that includes information regarding household goods, cash on hand, investments, interest, and expenses.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
George Humphrey was a resident of Springfield, Oregon. His personal account book shows that he held interests in sheep, the Oregon Iron Works, the Oregon Central Military Wagon Road, and the Springfield Manufacturing company.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection consists of two personal account books, 1866-1867.
The account books include information regarding household goods, cash on hand, investments, interest, and expenses. The entries indicate that he had interests in sheep, in the Oregon Iron Works, the Oregon Central Military Wagon Road, and the Springfield Manufacturing company.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], George Humphrey personal account book, A 058, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Personal Names :
- Humphrey, George
- Geographical Names :
- Springfield (Or.)
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Account books