James W. Macy photographs, 1911-1933 PDF
- Macy, James W.
- James W. Macy photographs
- 1911-1933 (inclusive)19111933
- .75 linear ft.
- Collection Number
- XOE_CPNWS0226Sands (collection)
- The collection contains photographs taken and/or collected by James W. Macy documenting various buildings, businesses, structures, and locales throughout Whatcom County.
- Western Washington University, Center for Pacific Northwest Studies
Goltz-Murray Archives Building
808 25th St.
- Access Restrictions
The collection is open to the public.
- Additional Reference Guides
To view item level description of images in the James W. Macy photographs, follow this hyperlink to the photo database on the Center for Pacific Northwest Studies' website.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection contains photographs taken and/or collected by James W. Macy documenting various buildings, business, structures, and locales throughout Whatcom County. Subjects include the former Bellingham City Hall, South Hill neighborhoods, the Cyrus Gates Reservoir in the Chuckanut Hills, Little Squalicum Bridge, C.H. Barlow Leather Goods, the Olympic Portland Cement Plant in Bellingham (Wash.), Whatcom Falls Park, Fragrance Lake, and Chuckanut Drive. About half of the images have accompanying captions provided by Donna Sand, the collection donor.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
J.W. Macy photographs, Center for Pacific Northwest Studies, Heritage Resources, Western Washington University, Bellingham WA 98225-9123.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Architecture--Washington (State)--Whatcom County--Photographs
- Business enterprises--Washington (State)--Whatcom County--Photographs
- Geographical Names :
- Bellingham (Wash.)--Photographs
- Whatcom County (Wash.)--Photographs