Alfred G. Thompson papers, 1940-1948 PDF
- Thompson, Alfred G
- Alfred G. Thompson papers
- 1940-1948 (inclusive)19401948
- 0.23 cubic ft. (1 box)
- Collection Number
- 5941 (Accession No. 5941-001)
- Newsclippings related to Alfred Thompson's involvement on the University of Washington crew team in the 1940s
- University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
Open to all users.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Alfred G. Thompson, and his brother, Ernest Thompson, attended the University of Washington in the 1940s. Thompson was the son of Finnish immigrants who settled in Everett, WA. In an effort to earn money for his attendance at UW, Alfred worked summers in a lumber mill and joined the Army Air Corps for the GI Bill benefits. In c. 1946, Alfred began attending the UW. He rowed for UW Crew between c. 1946 and 1948. Thompson worked for Pacific Northwest Bell for 35 years following his graduation from UW in 1949.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Mainly consists of newsclippings related to Thompson's involvement on the University of Washington crew team, c. 1946-1948. Also includes Associated Students of the University of Washington identification cards for both Alfred Thompson and Ernest Thompson.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Creator's literary rights transferred to the University of Washington Libraries.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Personal Papers/Corporate Records (University of Washington)
- Rowers--Washington (State)--Seattle
- Rowing--Washington (State)--Seattle
- Personal Names :
- Thompson, Alfred G.--Archives
- Corporate Names :
- University of Washington--Rowing
- University of Washington--Students
- Form or Genre Terms :