University of Montana Office of the President records, 1897-2010 PDF
- The UniversityofMontana-Missoula. Office of the President.
- UniversityofMontana Office of the President records
- 1897-2010 (inclusive)18972010
- 260.5 linear feet
- Collection Number
- RG 001
- This collection details the activities, roles, and people of the Office of the President at the UniversityofMontana-Missoula from its beginning to 2010. It contains a great deal of material relating to the day-to-day operation of the University.
- University of Montana, Mansfield Library, Archives and Special Collections
Archives and Special Collections
Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library
University of Montana
32 Campus Dr. #9936
- Access Restrictions
Researchers must use collection in accordance with the policies of Archives and Special Collections, the Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library, and The UniversityofMontana-Missoula. Personnel files in several boxes limit access; please contact the archivist for more details.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Office of the President at the UniversityofMontana-Missoula supports the President who acts as the head of the university; the president holds executive power over most aspects of research, community relations, student life, and instruction. Along with his cabinet, the President is responsible for overseeing the administrative aspects of the University and providing leadership in all facets of its operation. This collection contains materials dated from 1897 through 2010.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection contains a great deal of material relating to the day-to-day operation of the UniversityofMontana-Missoula. Although classes began at the University in 1895, the earliest years of the institution are not well represented in the materials. Some records from the 1890s and early 1900s are present, but the earliest significant representation starts in 1908. Most presidential terms are well represented through the 1900s and into the 2000s. This collection contains many folders arranged by subject. It holds correspondence, many items concerning the Montana State Legislature, documents pertaining to the sale of land around Fort Missoula to the Missoula Country Club, information on the 1994 restructuring of the university system, meeting minutes, papers from many different student and employee committees, Montana Conservation Corps documents, budgets, projects, financial information, materials from the Physical Plant, and scholarship information. Documents relating to the planning, funding, and advertisement for the President’s Lecture Series are also prominent as well as Board of Regents materials, and enrollment information. There are items relating to athletics and NCAA regulations as well as many invitations to university events and public exercises.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Corporate Names :
- University of Montana-Missoula. Office of the President--Archives
- University of Montana-Missoula--Administration
- Other Creators :
- Corporate Names :
- Montana State University (Missoula, Mont.) 1935-1965
- State University of Montana (Missoula, Mont.)
- University of Montana (Missoula, Mont. : 1893-1913)
- University of Montana (Missoula, Mont. : 1965-1994)
- University of Montana--Missoula