"Mack" letter to "Dear Sister", February 22, 1863 PDF
- Mack, active 1863
- "Mack" letter to "Dear Sister"
- February 22, 1863 18631863
- 0.025 linear feet, (1 folder)
- Collection Number
- CA 1863 Feb 22
- "Mack," of Corvallis, Oregon wrote a letter to his sister, dated February 22, 1863, in which he describes Patrick Malone, editor of Oregon Weekly Union (a Corvallis newspaper), and mentions the paper is about to close, and also that he expects to travel to California.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
"Mack," of Corvallis, Oregon wrote a letter to his sister, dated February 22, 1863, in which he describes Patrick Malone, editor of Oregon Weekly Union (a Corvallis newspaper), and mentions the paper is about to close, and also that he expects to travel to California.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], "Mack" letter to "Dear Sister," CA 1863 Feb 22, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Newspaper editors--Oregon--Corvallis
- Personal Names :
- Mack, active 1863--Correspondence
- Malone, Patrick J.
- Geographical Names :
- Oregon--Social life and customs--19th century
- Form or Genre Terms :