College Exhibit Committee Records, 1921-1928 PDF
- Oregon Agricultural College. College Exhibit Committee.
- College Exhibit Committee Records
- 1921-1928 (inclusive)19211928
- 0.1 cubic foot, (1 box)
- Collection Number
- RG 055
- The College Exhibit Committee Records document the promotional activities and exhibits pertaining to Oregon Agricultural College at the Oregon State Fair, the Pacific International Livestock Exhibition, and county fairs. The records consist predominantly of annual reports that include photographs of the exhibits.
- Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The College Exhibit Committee coordinated exhibits pertaining to Oregon Agricultural College at the Oregon State Fair, county fairs, and other venues. The Committee reported directly to the College President. Reuben V. Gunn, Farm Management Demonstrator with the Extension Service, chaired the committee in 1921-1922. An office of information and exhibits was created within the Extension Service in 1923, with Wallace Kadderly in charge. Kadderly served as chair of the College Exhibit Committee for the remainder of the period represented by these records (1923-1928). Uriel Sellers (U.S.) Burt, as Assistant in Information and Exhibits, was responsible for construction, installation, supervision, and staffing of the exhibits.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The College Exhibit Committee Records document the promotional activities and exhibits pertaining to Oregon Agricultural College at the Oregon State Fair, the Pacific International Livestock Exhibition, and county fairs. The exhibits highlighted the academic and extension programs of the College. The bulk of the records are annual reports for the 1921/1922, 1923/24, 1924/25, 1926/27, and 1927/28 years. The annual reports include detailed expenditure and narrative reports for the exhibits conducted during the year; clippings, and photographs of the exhibits. Selected committee meeting minutes and budgets for 1926-1927 are also included.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
College Exhibit Committee Records (RG 055), Oregon State University Archives, Corvallis, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Agricultural extension work--Oregon.
- Agricultural exhibitions--Oregon.
- College publicity--Oregon.
- Universities and colleges--Public relations--Oregon.
- Corporate Names :
- Oregon State Fair.
- Pacific International Livestock Exposition (Portland, Or.)
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Photographic prints.
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Gunn, R. V. (creator)
- Kadderly, Wallace Ladue, 1892- (creator)
- Corporate Names :
- Oregon Agricultural College. Extension Service. (creator)