New York Brewery (Spokane, Washington) Papers, 1887-1904 PDF
- New York Brewery, Spokane, Washington
- New York Brewery (Spokane, Washington) Papers
- 1887-1904 (inclusive)18871904
- 63 volumes., (6 linear feet of shelf space.)
- Collection Number
- Cage 7
- Letterbooks, ledgers, accounts, reports and other papers.
- Washington State University Libraries, Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections.
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open for research use.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The New York Brewery was founded in 1886 by Rudolph Gorkow. In 1900, after Gorkow's death, it was purchased and its management was consolidated with that of the Henco Brewery as the Spokane Brewing and Malting Company, although it continued to function under its own name as a branch operation. In 1903 the branch was closed.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Letterbooks, ledgers, accounts, reports and other papers.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
[Item Description]. Cage 7, Guide to the New York Brewery, Spokane, Washington Papers. Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections, Washington State University Libraries, Pullman, WA.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
The following section contains a detailed listing of the materials in the collection.
|Oversize||Record of fermented
|Oversize||Trial balance books
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Brewing industry--Washington (State)--Spokane--History--Sources
- Corporate Names :
- New York Brewery --Archives (creator)
- Spokane Brewing and Malting Company
- Henco Brewery