Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Luther Loren Baxter papers, approximately 1838-1915
- Baxter, Luther Loren
- Luther Loren Baxter papers
- 1.53 cubic feet
- Collection Number
- 4605 (Accession No. 4605-001)
- Papers of aUnion Army officer and Minnesota legislator and judge
University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
Open to all users.
Material stored offsite; advance notice required for use.
- Additional Reference Guides
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Luther Baxter was born in 1832 and died in 1915. He served with Company A of the 4th Minnesota Regiment, and 1st Minnesota Regiment of Heavy Artillery. He was later a Minnesota state senator (1865-1868) and state representative (1869, 1871-1882). Baxter was also a judge in the Minnesota 7th District from 1885-1910.
Baxter was the family name of Mrs. Walter G. McLean. Luther Loren Baxter was the grandfather of Mrs. McLean.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Correspondence, biographical data, campaign material, clippings, legal and financial records, miscellaneous, ephemera, memorabilia.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Creator's literary rights not transferred to the University of Washington Libraries.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Personal Papers/Corporate Records (University of Washington)
- Baxter, Luther Loren--Archives
- United States. Army. Minnesota Infantry Regiment, 1st (1861-1864)
- United States. Army. Minnesota Infantry Regiment, 4th (1861-1865). Company A