Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
American Society for Range Management, Idaho Section Records, 1948-1982
- American Society for Range Management, Idaho Section
- American Society for Range Management, Idaho Section Records
- 1948-1982 (inclusive)19481982
- 1.0 c.f.
- Collection Number
- MG 021 (collection)
- Newsletters, minutes of meetings, financial reports, correspondence, photographs and other papers of a society concerned with conservation and management of grazing land.
University of Idaho Library, Special Collections and Archives
Special Collections and Archives
University of Idaho Library
875 Perimeter Drive
- This collection is in English.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Idaho Section of the American Society of Range Management was organized in March 1951, and held its first annual section meeting in Boise in November 1952. At the annual meeting in 1959 it was recommended that a scholarship be set up at the University of Idaho for students majoring in range management, and the first scholarship of $100 was awarded in 1964. By 1961 there were three active chapters in the section, Lyman Richwine (eastern Idaho), North, and Southern, and one unorganized chapter, the Southwest.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The records appear to be derived from two different sources; one arranged by subject, the other by year. This distinction was maintained during processing.
The records of the Idaho section of the ASRM include newsletters, minutes and general reports of meeting, financial reports, correspondence, photographs, and newspaper clippings of society activities.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||1||Constitution and Bylaws||1951-1963|
|1||5||Membership lists||1955, 1967|
|1||6||Range Management Scholarship||1964-1966|
|2||1-13||General Papers||1948-1949, 1951-1973, 1976|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Range management--Idaho--History--Sources
- American Society of Range Management. Idaho Section