Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Gertrude L. Apel papers, 1926-1990
- Apel, Gertrude L.
- Gertrude L. Apel papers
- 1926-1990 (inclusive)19261990
- 0.23 cubic feet (1 box)
- Collection Number
- 4350 (Accession No. 4350-001)
- Papers of general secretary of the Washington-Northern Idaho Council of Churches and the Seattle Council of Churches
University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
No restrictions on access.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Gertrude L. Apel (1896-1966) was the General Secretary of the Washington-Northern Idaho Council of Churches and the Seattle Council of Churches. She served as a Methodist minister in the Northwest.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Materials include photographs, newspaper clippings, pamphlets, manuscripts, historical items, and other ephemera related to Apel's religious work.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Materials are arranged by topic.
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1/1||Resumes and Other Biographical Items||1946-1962|
|1/2||Historical Items About the Council(s) of Churches||1935-1952|
|1/3||News Clippings, Articles, and Manuscripts||1926-1966|
|1/4||Testimonial Letters and Commendations||1928-1952|
|1/6||Booklet - Women in American Church Life by Inez Cavert||1948|
|1/7||Memorandum, Notes, Church Pamphlets||1966, 1990, undated|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Methodist Church--Northwest, Pacific--Clergy--Archives
- Methodist Church--Northwest, Pacific--History--Sources
- Personal Papers/Corporate Records (University of Washington)
- Women in church work--History--Sources
- Women in the Methodist Church--Northwest, Pacific--History--Sources
- Apel, Gertrude L.--Archives
- Washington and Northern Idaho Council of Churches and Christian Education