- Greenwood, Frederick, 1889-1962
- Frederick Greenwood papers
- 1907-1925 (inclusive)19071925
- 0.4 linear ft.
- Collection Number
- Mss 377
- This collection includes University of Montana student Frederick Greenwood's school papers, college scrapbook, thesis, speeches and writings on finance, banking and the Federal Reserve System
- University of Montana, Mansfield Library, Archives and Special Collections
Archives and Special Collections
Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library
University of Montana
32 Campus Dr. #9936
- Access Restrictions
Researchers must use collection in accordance with the policies of Archives and Special Collections, the Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library, and The University of Montana--Missoula.
- Additional Reference Guides
Finding aid in the repository.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Frederick Greenwood attended the University of Montana in Missoula from 1905 to 1909, graduating with his B.A. in 1909. His senior year he was the editor of the school newspaper, the Montana Kaimin, the editor of the 1909 Sentinel yearbook, the manager of the football team, and the president of A.S.U.M. He went on to the Amos Tuck School of Administration and Finance for his Master's degree which he completed in 1910 with his thesis entitled "Underwriting and Underwriting Syndicates." In 1911 he moved to Oregon to search for a job and in 1917 he became the manager of the newly opened Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, Portland Branch. In that position he gave several speeches to Rotary and Kiwanis clubs on global markets, finance, whether to stay on the gold standard or not, and how the Federal Reserve Bank system works. He also wrote several articles on these subjects.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This collection includes Frederick Greenwood's school papers, college scrapbook, thesis, speeches and writings on finance, banking and the Federal Reserve System.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Researchers are responsible for using in accordance with 17 U.S.C. and any other applicable statutes.
[Name of document or photograph number], Frederick Greenwood Papers, Archives and Special Collections, Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library, The University of Montana-Missoula.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1/2||Masters thesis titled "Underwriting and Underwriting Syndicates"||1910|
|1/3||Papers on Second National Bank of the U.S., reclamation of arid lands, and U.S trade relations in South American||1920-1922|
|1/4||Speeches and writings on Federal Reserve Banking system||1920-1922|
|1/6||Papers on Federal Reserve Banking system, various authors||1921-1922|
|1/7||Speeches, writings, and notes on teh Federal Reserve Banking system||1923-1925|
|1/8||Bank checks and warehouse receipts||1924|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Banks and banking, Central--United States
- Desert reclamation
- Bank of the United States (1816-1836)
- United States--Federal Reserve Board
- University of Montana--Missoula--Alumni and alumnae
- South America--Commerce--United States
- United States--Commerce--South America
- Bankers--United States