Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Fredric Lieberman lecture recordings: Ola Kai Ledang, 1980-03-15
- Lieberman, Fredric
- Fredric Lieberman lecture recordings: Ola Kai Ledang
- 2 items : EC - 1 reel (7.5 ips, 2 tr. stereo, 7"); WT - 1 DAT (digital, stereo); Duration: 00:45:45
- Collection Number
- Lecture on the Norwegian Seljeflote (musical instrument) by Ola Kai Ledang recorded in Graz, Austria, International Folk Music Council, 3/15/80. Archives copy made from cassette belonging to Fredric Lieberman.
University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
University of Washington
- Access Restrictions
Unrestricted: collection is open for research.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Fredric Lieberman (1940-2013) received his B.M. from the Eastman School of Music, his M.A. from the University of Hawaii, and his Ph.D. from the University of California, Los Angeles. He was a performer, composer, writer, and teacher at the University of California, Santa Cruz. His written works include "Planet Drum: A Celebration of Percussion and Rhythm", and "Drumming at the Edge of Magic: A Journey into the Spirit of Percussion".
Lieberman's interests included organology, particularly with regard to taxonomic methods and systematic description, the musics of China, Japan, Korea, Tibet, and South India, and American vernacular musics from Tin Pan Alley through contemporary rock. His taught courses on American Popular Music and World Musics. He had an especially keen interest in the music of John Cage and of the Grateful Dead and served as an ethnomusicological consultant for various Mickey Hart projects.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Full title: Lecture: Norwegian Seljeflote/Ola Kai Ledang.
Original recorded with Sony TC-D5 cassette recorder.
Contents: lecture by Ola Kai Ledang on the seljeflote (in German) with musical examples (Graz, Austria, IFMC Study Group on Folk Music Instruments)
See logsheet for description of contents.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Folk music--Scandinavia
- Musical instruments--Scandinavia
- Austria--Europe--Central Europe
- Europe--Europe--General Europe
Form or Genre Terms
- Sound recordings
- Ledang, Ola Kai (performer)