Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Oregon Southern Improvement Company correspondence , 1883
- Oregon Southern Improvement Company (Portland, Or.); Bourne, Jonathan, 1855-1940; Besse, William H.
- Oregon Southern Improvement Company correspondence
- 1883 (inclusive)18831883
0.1 linear feet, (1 container) : 1 folder
- Collection Number
- B 052
- This collection contains 53 correspondence relating to the establishment of the Oregon Southern Improvement Co., 1883.
University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
- Additional Reference Guides
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Oregon Southern Improvement Company was incorporated on June 14, 1883 by William H. Besse of Massachusetts and Jonathan Bourne, Jr. of Portland, Oregon. The interests of the company were primarily mining and natural resources.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This collection contains 53 letters relating to the establishment of the Oregon Southern Improvement Company in 1883.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Mining corporations--Northwest, Pacific
- Natural resources--Northwest, Pacific
Form or Genre Terms
- Articles of incorporation
- Business records