- Munnick, Adrian Robert
- Munnick Northwest Ephemera Collection
- 1909-1928 (inclusive)19091928
- 1 linear feet, (3 manuscript boxes)
- Collection Number
- The Munnick Northwest Ephemera Collection consists of pamphlets of major towns and landmarks in Washington and Oregon, flyers, and railroad materials. This collection, which dates between 1909 and 1928, also contains many photographs of significant landmarks.
- Whitman College and Northwest Archives
Whitman College and Northwest Archives
Penrose Library, Room 130
345 Boyer Avenue
Walla Walla, WA
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
The Union Pacific Railroad and the Southern Pacific Company both owned Sunset Magazine. In 1910, they published small booklets for almost every significant city or town in Washington and Oregon. The costs were paid by the railroads involved and the publications featured points of interest in that particular locality.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Munnick Northwest Ephemera collection consists of promotional pamphlets featuring towns and cities in Washington and Oregon states. This collection, which dates from 1909 through 1928, also contains photographs of various Pacific Northwest locations, some of which were used in the production of the pamphlets. It also includes some maps of railroad routes as well as other railroad ephemera. This collection gives an insight into the extensive history of the Pacific Northwest.