- Nicolai Brothers Company
- Nicolai Bros. Company records
- 1870-1878 (inclusive)18701878
- 0.5 linear feet, (1 containers) : 1 manuscript box
- Collection Number
- Bx 028
- The Nicolai Bros. Company of Portland, Oregon, was a sash and door manufacturing company. The collection (1870-1878) contains corporate records, correspondence, financial records, minutes, day books, and order books.
University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
- Additional Reference Guides
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Nicolai family of Portland, Oregon established a sawmill business, and a door and sash manufacturing company, among other business ventures. Louis Nicolai (1838 - ), of Saxony, Germany, and his family emigrated to America when he was fifteen years old. They travelled to Oregon in 1868. Family members and especially the brothers that helped run the companies were Adolph, Theodore, William, Harry T., and Arthur F.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection (1870-1878) contains corporate records, correspondence, financial records, minutes, day books, and order books.
Corporate records include articles of incorporation, stock information, meeting minutes, voting records, and correspondence.
Financial records include tax and liquidation information, day books, order books, and files on the Chicago plywood division.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|Guide to the Nicolai Bros. Company Records|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Business enterprises--Oregon--Portland
- Millwork (Woodwork)--Oregon--Portland
Form or Genre Terms
- Articles of incorporation
- Financial records