Archives West Finding Aid
UW Ethnomusicology Archives audio recordings: David Waterhouse recordings: David Waterhouse/bagpipes, 1964
- Waterhouse, David, 1936-2017
- UW Ethnomusicology Archives audio recordings: David Waterhouse recordings: David Waterhouse/bagpipes
- 1 items : OT - 1 reel (7 1/2 ips, full-track (?), 5"); WD - 1 compact disc (digital, stereo); Duration: 00:06:24
- Collection Number
- Contains several short Highland pipe tunes played by David Waterhouse; recording circumstances unknown; recorded 1964?
University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
University of Washington
- Access Restrictions
Unrestricted: collection is open for research.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
David Waterhouse (1936-2017) was a trained pianist and organist, and professional bagpipe player. Born in Harrogate, Yorkshire, he was educated at King's College, Cambridge in western classics and philosophy, then oriental studies, before becoming a professor of East Asian Studies at the University of Toronto.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Recorded by Robert Garfias?
According to original archive sheet, David Waterhouse was a "former student - at Toronto, Canada."
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Great Britain
- Highland Scots--Europe--British Isles
Form or Genre Terms
- Sound Recordings