Archives West Finding Aid
Table of Contents
Homer V. Bradshaw report , 1955
- Presbyterian Church in the U.S.A. Board of Foreign Missions; Bradshaw, Homer V. (Homer Vernon), 1899-
- Homer V. Bradshaw report
- 1955 (inclusive)19551955
- 0.1 linear feet, (1 container) : 1 folder
- Collection Number
- A 204
- Homer V. Bradshaw was a missionary doctor in China who authored a report about the seizure of the Prebysterian missionaries at the American Presbyterian Mission at Linhsien, Kwangtung Province, China, between 1949-1954. The collection contains his report titled, "Behind bars, behind the Bamboo Curtain."
University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
- Additional Reference Guides
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
According to the prefatory statement from the report, it is "a detailed, factual account, with some personal impressions, of the events relative to the seizure of the Prebysterian missionaries at the American Presbyterian Mission at Linhsien, Kwangtung Province, China."
The events described took place between 1949 and 1954. The document was originally a report by Bradshaw to the Presbyterian Board of Foreign Missions.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|Guide to the Homer V. Bradshaw Report|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Missionaries, Medical--China--Lian Xian
- Missions, American--China--Lian Xian
- Missions, Medical--China--Lian Xian
- Political prisoners--China
- Bradshaw, Homer V. (Homer Vernon), 1899-
- Presbyterian Church in the U.S.A
- Presbyterian Church in the U.S.A. South China Mission
- China--Politics and government--1949-1976
Form or Genre Terms