- Forests and forestry collection
1903-2010 (inclusive)circa 19032010
- 1.35 cubic feet (3 document cases)
- Collection Number
- Mss 1526
- Collection of materials assembled by the Oregon Historical Society relating to forests and forestry in the Pacific Northwest and primarily in Oregon.
- Oregon Historical Society Research Library
1200 SW Park Avenue
- Access Restrictions
The collection is open to the public.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Collection of materials assembled by the Oregon Historical Society relating to forests and forestry in the Pacific Northwest and primarily in Oregon. Most of the collection is composed of ephemera (fliers, brochures and leaflets) and administrative records (wages, schedules, reports, equipments lists, etc.). Topics covered include: timber land, Civilian Conservation Corps, forest fires, the World Forestry Center and lumbering equipment.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The Oregon Historical Society is the owner of the materials in the Research Library and makes available reproductions for research, publication, and other uses. Written permission must be obtained from the Research Library prior to any use of reproductions. The Society does not necessarily hold copyright to all the materials in the collections. In some cases, permission for use of reproductions may required seeking additional authorization from the copyright holders.
Forests and Forestry Collection, Mss 1526, Oregon Historical Society Research Library.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Forest fires -- Oregon.
- Forest conservation -- Oregon.
- Forests and forestry -- Northwest, Pacific.
- Forests and forestry -- Oregon.
- Logging -- Equipment and supplies.
- Logging -- Oregon.
- Lumber and lumbering -- Northwest, Pacific.
- Lumber and lumbering -- Oregon.
- Lumber trade -- Oregon.
- Timber -- Oregon.
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) -- Northwest, Pacific.
- Western Forestry Center.
Form or Genre Terms
- Administrative records. -- aat
- Ephemera. -- aat
- Pamphlets. -- aat
- Reports. -- aat