Oscar T. Dean papers, 1914-1965 PDF
- Dean, Oscar T. (Oscar Thomas), 1878-1964
- Oscar T. Dean papers
- 1914-1965 (inclusive)19141965
- 1.5" linear
- Collection Number
- 0632 (Accession No. 0632-001)
- Papers of a dentist of Seattle, Washington and member of the Washington State Dental Society, and Seattle District Dental Society
- University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
Access restricted: For terms of access, contact Special Collections for details.
Material stored offsite; advance notice required for use.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Oscar Dean was educated at the St. Louis Dental College, 1905; and at the University of Southern California, where he did research and post-graduate courses in dental surgery. He perfected the metal guard to prevent tongue pressure in surgical closure of cleft palates. Dean was the author of "Intra-Septal Alveolotomy Technic," 1918; "Submerged Teeth," 1949; and the booklet, "Surgical removal of Impacted Lower Third Molars," 1917. He was a member of the Washington State Dental Society, and Seattle District Dental Society, among others.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Correspondence, speeches and writings, sketches, etc.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Creator's literary rights not transferred to the University of Washington Libraries.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Dentists--Washington (State)--Seattle
- Personal Papers/Corporate Records (University of Washington)
- Personal Names :
- Dean, Oscar T. (Oscar Thomas), 1878-1964--Archives
- Other Creators :
- Corporate Names :
- Washington State Dental Association (creator)