Sonia Johnson photograph collection, 1979-1981 PDF
- Johnson, Sonia
- Sonia Johnson photograph collection
- 1979-1981 (inclusive)19791981
- 54 photographs
- Collection Number
- The Sonia Johnson photograph collection contains photographs and slides of Equal Rights Amendment demonstrations in Salt Lake City and elsewhere. Also in the collection are photographs taken from television of the excommunication trial of Sonia Johnson as well as some miscellaneous photographs.
- University of Utah Libraries, Special Collections.
Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library
University of Utah
295 South 1500 East
Salt Lake City, UT
- Access Restrictions
Materials must be used on-site; advance notice suggested. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Sonia Johnson collection contains photographs of various ERA demonstrations, especially those demonstrations related to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (L.D.S.) Photographs taken of a television broadcast relating to the excommunication trial of Sonia Johnson from the L.D.S. Church and images of friends and associates of Johnson are also included in the collection.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
ERA Demonstrations, Excommunication Trial, Friends and Miscellaneous, 1979-1981Return to Top
Container(s): Box 1
|1 January 1979|
Demonstrations and Picket Lines
Friends and Acquaintances
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Equal rights amendments--United States
- Feminism--United States
- Mormon Church--Political activity
- Mormon women--United States
- Women's rights--United States
- Corporate Names :
- Mormons for E.R.A.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Photographic prints--1978-1980
- Photographic prints--Color--1978-1980
- Portrait photographs--1978-1980