Washington State Poetry Foundation records, 1953-1971 PDF
- Washington State Poetry Foundation
- Washington State Poetry Foundation records
- 1953-1971 (inclusive)19531971
- .33 cubic foot
- Collection Number
- 1836 (Accession No. 1836-001)
- Records of an organization to promote the study and publication of Washington poetry
- University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
Access restricted: For terms of access, contact Special Collections.
Records stored offsite; advance notice required for use.
- Additional Reference Guides
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Washington State Poetry Foundation was established in 1953 to promote the study and publication of Washington Poetry. It published Washington State Poetry (anthology), Marietta Conway Kennard's " The Poet and the River," poems by Washington poets, and a recording, "Sounds of Northwest Poetry," (phonodisc and masters). It was coordinated by Ethelyn M. Hartwich and was dissolved after her death in 1970.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Correspondence, minutes of meetings, three books, three recordings.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Creator's literary rights not transferred to the University of Washington Libraries.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Corporate Names :
- Washington State Poetry Foundation--Archives
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Binns, John H (creator)
- Hartwich, Ethelyn Miller (creator)
- Stevens, Pameler (creator)
- Zillman, Lawrence J (creator)