Seattle University Office of the President: John Fitterer, SJ Records, 1965-1969 PDF
- Seattle University. Office of the President.
- Seattle University Office of the President: John Fitterer, SJ Records
- 1965-1969 (inclusive)19651969
- 14.5 linear feet, (13 boxes)
- Collection Number
- RG 005.02 (collection)
- John Fitterer, SJ served as the 16th president of Seattle University from 1965 until 1969. This collection contains the files generated and compiled by Seattle University's Office of the President during his administration.
- Seattle University, Lemieux Library and McGoldrick Learning Commons, Special Collections
Lemieux Library & McGoldrick Learning Commons
901 12th Avenue
- Access Restrictions
The collection is open for research.
- Funding for preparing the finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
John Fitterer, SJ was appointed the 16th president of Seattle University on April 8, 1965 and inaugurated on October 11, 1965. At the time of his presidency the university's finances were challenged with over-extended building projects, unstable enrollment and the same campus unrest felt across the nation.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This collection consists of records pertaining to academic programs, campus building projects, fundraising, students, faculty, staff and other topics. It also contains correspondence, reports, speeches, scrapbooks, and other printed material. The collection is not comprehensive.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Seattle University Office of the President: John Fitterer, S.J. Records, Special Collections, Lemieux Library and McGoldrick Learning Commons, Seattle University.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Education, Higher--Washington (State)--Seattle
- Universities and colleges--Washington (State)--Seattle--Administration
- Personal Names :
- Fitterer, John, SJ.
- Corporate Names :
- Seattle University. Office of the President
- Seattle University--Administration
- Seattle University--Buildings
- Seattle University--Faculty
- Seattle University--History--20th century
- Seattle University--Presidents--20th century
- Seattle University--Records and correspondence
- Form or Genre Terms :