Laurel Sercombe concert recordings: Necdet Yasar Quartet - Lale Gecesi, 1989-04-30 PDF
- Sercombe, Laurel; Seeman, Sonia Tamar, 1958-; University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
- Laurel Sercombe concert recordings: Necdet Yasar Quartet - Lale Gecesi
- 7 items : Original tape (OT) - 1 DAT (digital, stereo, TDK R-120); Earliest copies (EC) - 3 open reels (7 1/2 ips, stereo, 1/2 track, 7 in., Ampex 407); 3 CDs (digital, stereo, Quantegy)
- Collection Number
- Concert recorded by Laurel Sercombe and Sonia Seeman at Brechemin Auditorium, University of Washington School of Music, on 1989 April 30, at 3:30 p.m.
- University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
University of Washington
- Access Restrictions
Unrestricted: collection is open for research.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Laurel Sercombe has been the Archivist for the Ethnomusicology Program at the University of Washington since 1982. She has co-produced a series of music recordings with Northwest Folklife, lectured for classes in Ethnomusicology, Library and Information Science, and American Indian Studies, and designed and taught a course on sound archiving. In 1998 she received a pre-doctoral Smithsonian Research Fellowship and in 2001 received her Ph.D. with the dissertation And Then It Rained: Power and Song in Western Washington Coast Salish Myth Narratives. She is a member of the Music Library Association, the Association for Recorded Sound Collections, and the Society for Ethnomusicology, for which she served as Current Discographer 1992–2000 and Treasurer 2000–2004. She serves on the boards of Jack Straw Productions and Northwest Heritage Resources. In 2013 she organized and hosted "Sounds of the World," a series of six programs for UWTV featuring film footage from the Robert Garfias Collection in the Ethnomusicology Archives.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Concert presented by UW School of Music and Jackson School of International Studies, Middle East Center.
Recorded by Laurel Sercombe and Sonia Seeman for the UW Ethnomusicology Archives with Panasonic DAT recorder SV-250 with Neumann KM 83 omni mics and Symetrix SX 202 dual mic preamp.
Performers: Necdet Yasar/tanbur; Nurettin Celik/voice, def; Ahmet Meter/kanun; Hasan Esen/kemence; introductions by Lorraine Sakata and Irene Markoff.
Contents: see logsheets for contents.
Concert duration: 1:38:27 (EC and CD durations: 45:56; 28:11; 24:20).
Documentation: Concert program; detailed index to contents by Sonia Tamar Seeman.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Original tapesReturn to Top
89-13.1: DAT 1
Earliest copiesReturn to Top
89-13.2: Reel 1
89-13.3: Reel 2
89-13.4: Reel 3
Compact discsReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Turks--Middle East--Middle East
- Video recordings in ethnomusicology
- Geographical Names :
- Middle East--Middle East--General Middle East
- Seattle (Wash.)
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Sound Recordings
- Video recordings
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Celik, Nurettin (performer)
- Esen, Hasan (performer)
- Meter, Ahmet (performer)
- Yaşar, Necdet (performer)