Laurel Sercombe concert recordings: Suanda and Adeleke, 1989-04-11 PDF
- Sercombe, Laurel; University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
- Laurel Sercombe concert recordings: Suanda and Adeleke
- 5 items : Original tape (OT) - 1 DAT (Maxell 120); Earliest copies (EC) - 2 open reels (7 1/2 ips, stereo, 1/2 tracks, Ampex 642); Working discs (WD) - 2 compact discs (digital, stereo)
- Collection Number
- Concert featuring Endo Suanda and Adebisi Adeleke, recorded by Laurel Sercombe at the University of Washington, Meany Theater, on 1989 April 11 at 8 p.m.
- University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
University of Washington
- Access Restrictions
Unrestricted: collection is open for research.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Laurel Sercombe has been the Archivist for the Ethnomusicology Program at the University of Washington since 1982. She has co-produced a series of music recordings with Northwest Folklife, lectured for classes in Ethnomusicology, Library and Information Science, and American Indian Studies, and designed and taught a course on sound archiving. In 1998 she received a pre-doctoral Smithsonian Research Fellowship and in 2001 received her Ph.D. with the dissertation And Then It Rained: Power and Song in Western Washington Coast Salish Myth Narratives. She is a member of the Music Library Association, the Association for Recorded Sound Collections, and the Society for Ethnomusicology, for which she served as Current Discographer 1992–2000 and Treasurer 2000–2004. She serves on the boards of Jack Straw Productions and Northwest Heritage Resources. In 2013 she organized and hosted "Sounds of the World," a series of six programs for UWTV featuring film footage from the Robert Garfias Collection in the Ethnomusicology Archives.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Recorded by Laurel Sercombe for the UW Ethnomusicology Archives on Panasonic SV-250 DAT recorder with Neumann KM-83 mics (omnis) and Symetrix SX-202 dual mic preamp.
Performers: See list in documentation file.
Contents: 89-8.1 OT contains entire concert; 89-8.2 EC contains Tembang Sunda and Topeng dance of Indonesia; 89-8.3 EC contains Dundun music of Nigeria.
Concert sponsored by the UW School of Music as part of the "University Masters Series."
See logsheets for item descriptions.
See W1 world/89-12 for video recording of same concert.
Duration (WD): 1:27:00.
Documentation: Program, flyer, list of performers.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Original tapesReturn to Top
89-8.1: DAT 1
Earliest copiesReturn to Top
89-8.2: Reel 1
89-8.3: Reel 2
Working discsReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Javanese--Asia--Southeast Asia
- Video recordings in ethnomusicology
- Geographical Names :
- Seattle (Wash.)
- Yoruba--Africa--Western Africa
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Video recordings
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Adeleke, Adebisi (performer)
- Suanda, Endo (performer)
- Suanda, Marjie (performer)
- Sumarna, Undang (performer)
- Williams, Sean (performer)