Richard L. and Maurine B. Neuberger Papers, 1958-1965 PDF
- Neuberger, Richard L. (Richard Lewis), 1912-1960
- Richard L. and Maurine B. Neuberger Papers
- 1958-1965 (inclusive)19581965
- 0.17 cubic ft.
- Collection Number
- Consult repository.
- The Richard L. and Maurine B. Neuberger Papers contain the agricultural correspondence files of United States Senators Richard and Maurine Neuberger and document agriculture in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest in terms of national agriculture policy.
- Oregon State University Libraries, Special Collections and Archives Research Center
Special Collections and Archives Research Center
121 The Valley Library
Oregon State University
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Richard Neuberger represented Oregon in the U.S. Senate from 1955-1960. He died in office in March 1960. His wife, Maurine, was elected to the Senate in November of 1960 and served until January 1967. Both were University of Oregon graduates and Democrats, and had served on the Oregon Legislative Assembly prior to serving in the U.S. Senate.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Papers contain the agricultural correspondence files of Senators Richard and Maurine Neuberger and document agriculture in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest in terms of national agriculture policy. Includes correspondence with Oregon State College School of Agriculture administrators and faculty members. Folders are titled Agriculture, General (1958-1960) and Agriculture, Berries (1960-1965).
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Richard L. and Maurine B. Neuberger Papers, Oregon State University Archives, Corvallis, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Agricultural laws and legislation--United States.
- Agricultural price supports--United States.
- Agricultural experiment stations--Oregon.
- Agriculture and politics.
- Agriculture--Economic aspects--Oregon.
- Berry industry--Oregon.
- Personal Names :
- Henderson, Robert W. (Robert Wesley), 1914-
- Morse, Wayne L. (Wayne Lyman), 1900-1974.
- Corporate Names :
- Oregon Agricultural Research and Advisory Council.
- Oregon State College. Agricultural Experiment Station.
- Oregon State College. School of Agriculture.
- United States. Congress. Senate. Constituent communication.
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Neuberger, Maurine Brown, 1907- (creator)