Evelyn Sibley Lampman papers, 1948-1980 PDF
- Lampman, Evelyn Sibley
- Evelyn Sibley Lampman papers
- 1948-1980 (inclusive)19481980
- 13.75 linear feet, (21 containers, 1 package)
- Collection Number
- Coll 011
- Evelyn Sibley Lampman (1907-1980) was an Oregon writer of books for children and young adults. The Evelyn Sibley Lampman Papers consist of manuscripts, galley proofs, illustrations, short story manuscripts, radio manuscripts, plays, correspondence, and photographs.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
- Additional Reference Guides
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Evelyn Lampman (1907- ) was born in Dallas, Oregon and educated at Oregon State College. She worked as a writer for radio stations in Portland, Oregon and then began writing books for children.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The Evelyn Sibley Lampman Papers consist of manuscripts, galley proofs and illustrations for several novels; short story manuscripts; radio scripts and plays. Major correspondence includes letters to various publishing companies, illustrators and several schools. Of special interest is one short story manuscript which has four watercolor illustrations by Pers Crowell. Several "new book" catalogues from various publishing houses have been re-moved to the Special Collections Subject Files. The collection includes portraits of the author and publicity images, circa 1940s-1960s.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|Guide to the Evelyn Sibley Lampman Papers|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Children's literature, American--Authorship
- Radio authorship
- Women authors, American--20th century
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Manuscripts for publication