United States Office of Indian Affairs. Flathead Agency diary, 1916-1918 PDF
- United States. Office of Indian Affairs. Flathead Agency.
- United States Office of Indian Affairs. Flathead Agency diary
- 1916-1918 (inclusive)19161918
- 363 electronic files.
- Collection Number
- Mss 823
- This collection consists of a daily diary of activities and events at the Flathead Agency office in Dixon, Montana, from January 1916 to November 1918.
- University of Montana, Mansfield Library, Archives and Special Collections
Archives and Special Collections
Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library
University of Montana
32 Campus Dr. #9936
- Access Restrictions
Researchers must use collection in accordance with the policies of Archives and Special Collections, the Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library, and The University of Montana-Missoula.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Flathead Agency was established in 1854 and was located near the junction of the Flathead and Jocko Rivers in Western Montana. Fred C. Morgan was the Agent from 1908-1917. Theodore Sharp was the Agent in 1918.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This diary consists of short daily entries documenting activities and events at the Flathead Agency office in Dixon, Montana, from January 1, 1916 until it was discontinued on November 7, 1918. The diary was likely maintained by the agency clerk and documents visitors to the agency, arrests at the agency, travels of the doctor and superintendent, and weather extremes.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The original diary was retained by the donor. The digitized diary can be viewed online at http://www.mtmemory.org/cdm/ref/collection/p16013coll52/id/25
Researchers are responsible for using in accordance with 17 U.S.C. and any other applicable statutes.
United States Office of Indian Affairs. Flathead Agency Diary, Archives and Special Collections, Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library, The University of Montana-Missoula.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Indians of North America--Montana, Western.
- Geographical Names :
- Montana, Western--Social life and customs.
- Montana--Politics and government--20th century