Queene B. Lister Ryan papers, 1927-1956 PDF
- Ryan, Queene B. Lister
- Queene B. Lister Ryan papers
- 1927-1956 (inclusive)19271956
- 0.5 linear feet, (1 container)
- Collection Number
- Ax 231
- Queene B. Lister Ryan, of Portland, Oregon, wrote true confession stories, poetry, short stories for magazines and newspapers. The collection (1927-1956) contains manuscripts of poems, short stories, including confession stories, and correspondence.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
1299 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC)
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection contains manuscripts (some with edits and corrections) of poems and short stories, including confession stories.
Correspondence includes rejection and acceptance letters from publishers, including letters from Harold S. Merriam. There are also letters from fans of Ryan's work.
The collection also contains a partial list of magazines and newspapers that published Ryan's stories. Also available is one publication titled, True Experiences, October 1931.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Queene B. Lister Ryan papers, Ax 231, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Authors and publishers--Correspondence
- Confession stories--Authorship
- Short stories
- Women authors, American--20th century
- Women authors, American--20th century--Manuscripts
- Women authors, American--Oregon
- Personal Names :
- Ryan, Queene B. Lister
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Manuscripts for publication