George William Ashton biography, 1992 PDF
- Carter, Rowena Ashton
- George William Ashton biography
- 1992 (inclusive)19921992
- 0.1 linear feet
- Collection Number
- The George William Ashton biography (1992) was written by Ashton's daughter Rowena Ashton Carter. In addition to George's life story, the biography includes some genealogical information, excerpts from several personal letters (1932-1943), and copies of his birth certificate, death certificate, and other important certificates. Ashton was a Salt Lake City contractor and member of the Salt Lake City Board of Education. He served an LDS mission in the Eastern States under B. H. Roberts (1920-1923).
- University of Utah Libraries, Special Collections.
Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library
University of Utah
295 South 1500 East
Salt Lake City, UT
- Access Restrictions
Twenty-four hour advanced notice encouraged. Materials must be used on-site. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
George W. Ashton (1896-1949) was a missionary under B. H. Roberts in the Eastern States Mission from 1920 to 1923. In addition, he worked as a contractor with his father in the Ashton-Jenkins Construction Company, and then later for Jacobsen Construction Company. When he went to work for Utah Granite and Marble Company as a salesman, the Ashton and Evans architectual firm used his knowledge as a construction supervisor for several downtown buildings. He was also an active member of the Salt Lake City Board of Education.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The George William Ashton biography (1992) was written by Ashton's daughter Rowena Ashton Carter. In addition to George's life story, the biography includes some genealogical information, excerpts from several personal letters (1932-1943), and copies of his birth certificate, death certificate, and other important certificates.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances.
Permission to publish material from the George William Ashton biography must be obtained from the Special Collections Manuscript Curator.
Initial Citation: George William Ashton biography, Accn 1598, Box [ ]. Special Collections and Archives. University of Utah, J. Willard Marriott. Salt Lake City, Utah.
Following Citations: Accn 1598.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||George William Ashton, 1 November 1896-21 November 1949: A Loving Tribute Complied and Written by His Daughter, Rowena Ashton Carter||1992|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Mormon Church--Missions--East (U.S.)
- Mormons--Missionary experiences--East (U.S.)
- Personal Names :
- Ashton, George William
- Form or Genre Terms :