UW Ethnomusicology Archives audio recordings: Jonathan Kertzer recordings: Kertzer UW Class Demonstrations, 2015-05 PDF
- Kertzer, Jonathan, 1946-
- UW Ethnomusicology Archives audio recordings: Jonathan Kertzer recordings: Kertzer UW Class Demonstrations
- 2 audio files : 2 WAV files (44.1 kHz, 16-bit); Duration: 2:01:31
- Collection Number
- Recordings of visitors to Jon Kertzer's Music 270, World Popular Music class, spring quarter 2015.
- University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
University of Washington
- Access Restrictions
Access is restricted.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Jon Kertzer is an ethnomusicologist who has researched African musicians in London, and recorded and produced a number of African albums, with a focus on immigrant musicians in North America. Batourou Sekou Kouyate is a griot and musician. He is one of the world's leading masters of the kore, an African instrument.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Recorded during class sessions with Tascam DR-100 MKII audio recorder.
2015-9.1 - Jane Bunnett & Maqueque (Cuban band, featuring Jane Bunnett, saxophone), recorded May 13, 2015 (1:03:41)
2015-9.2 - Sekou Kouyate, kora (Guinea) with Joe Driscoll, guitar, recorded May 27, 2015 (57:50)
Digital files stored in folder 2015-9_Kertzer_class - 2015-9.1_Maqueque.wav and 2015-9.2_Kouyate.wav.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Geographical Names :
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Sound Recordings
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Bunnett, Jane (performer)
- Driscoll, Joe (performer)
- Kouyaté, Batrou Sékou (performer)
- Maqueque (performer)