Cheves Walling photograph collection, 1938-1970 PDF
- Cheves Walling photograph collection
- 1938-1970 (inclusive)19381970
- 5 photographs
- Collection Number
- The Cheves Walling photograph collection consists of group photographs of conferences in which Waling was the Vice-President, two personal photos, and as image of Hexachlor Benzene.
- University of Utah Libraries, Special Collections.
Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library
University of Utah
295 South 1500 East
Salt Lake City, UT
- Access Restrictions
Materials must be used on-site; advance notice suggested. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Cheves Walling is an authority on free radical organic chemistry, professor of chemistry at the University of Utah, 1970-1990, and editor of the Journal of the American Chemical Society. The collection consists of group photographs of conferences in which Waling was the Vice-President, two personal photos, and as image of Hexachlor Benzene.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Photograph number 1: Ernest GrunwaldPhotograph number 2: 1938 Hill M. Priestley in Jones Lab.Photograph number 3: Photographic Fourier Projection of Hexachlor BenzenePhotograph number 4: Gordon Research Conferences, New Hampton School, Organic Reactions and Processes, Cheves Walling Chairman, David Breslow, Vice-Chairman. July 20-24, 1970, The Achber Studio, Laconia N.H. (includes a sheet identifying all 131 participants)Photograph number 5: Participants in 1959 NSF Summer Research Program for College Teachers held at the Department of Chemistry at the University of Utah.
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Chemistry, Organic
- Chemistry--Study and teaching--Utah
- Personal Names :
- Walling, Cheves, 1916-
- Corporate Names :
- Gordon Research Conferences
- University of Utah--Faculty
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Photographic prints
- Photographic prints--Color