Ter Ellingson concert recordings: Z.M. Dagar, 1986-03-09 PDF
- Ellingson, Ter
- Ter Ellingson concert recordings: Z.M. Dagar
- 1 optical media : WD - 1 DVD; Duration: 1:20:00
- Collection Number
- Zia Mohiuddin Dagar (Hindustani classical musician) concert recorded at the Seattle home of Shantha and Niranjan Benegal, March 9, 1986, by Ter Ellingson.
- University of Washington Ethnomusicology Archives
University of Washington
- Access Restrictions
Access is restricted.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Ter Ellingson is Professor of Music and Adjunct Professor of Comparative Religion and South Asian Studies at the University of Washington. He holds an M.A., Religion, from the University of Chicago and a Ph.D., Anthropology/Buddhist Studies, from the University of Wisconsin. Ellingson's areas of specialization include Tibet, Nepal, Buddhist Cultures; Ritual, Symbolism, History, Notation/Transcription, Visual Media.
See https://music.washington.edu/people/ter-ellingson for more information.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Video recording by Ter Ellingson; no audio at start until 2:32.
Performers: Z.M. Dagar, rudra vina.
Contents: Abhogi; Vardhani
Files obtained from Jeff Lewis 3/2015 - 1 MOV file and 2 AIF files (ZM_Dagar_Clip 1.mov (1:20:00), Abhogi.aif (43:28), Vardhani.aif (34:37).
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Classical Music, Hindustani
- Hindustani music
- Hindustani songs
- Rudra Vina
- Video recordings in ethnomusicology
- Geographical Names :
- India--Asia--South Asia
- North India
- Seattle (Wash.)
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Video recordings
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Dagar, Zia Mohiuddin, 1929-1990 (performer)