Kjesrud Family History, 1635-1967 PDF
- Rude, Joseph O.
- Kjesrud Family History
- 1635-1967 (inclusive)16351967
- 1 File (1 folder)
- Collection Number
- OPVSIEmss_31 (collection)
- The author of this work is Joseph O. Rude, and it is based in part on research conducted by Professor Helge Frøyseth of Norway. It is the story of the Kjesrud family of Norway, dating back to 1635, with historical and genealogical information, including the story of those who moved to North America in the late 1800s.
- Pacific Lutheran University, Archives and Special Collections
Archives and Special Collections
Pacific Lutheran University
12180 Park Avenue South
- Access Restrictions
The family history is available for research.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Kjesrud family can date ownership of the old Kjesrud gaard (farm) in Østfold, Norway, back to 1635. Several branches of the family moved to North America in the 1800s. This history of the Kjesrud family contains historical and genealogical information, reproductions of photographs, and personal reminiscences.
The author of this work is Joseph O. Rude, and it is based in part on research conducted by Professor Helge Frøyseth of Norway. As of the compilation date of this manuscript (circa 1967), the Kjesrud Gaard remains in the family as it has since 1635 when it was purchased by Halle Guldbrandson from Botner in Høiland. When he bought Kjesrud he took that name as was customary at the time. There are actually three gaards, the main one, the South Kjesrud, and the North Kjesrud.
Joseph Rude's grandfather Arne Nilson took his family and left Norway for America in 1867. Rude's grandfather Glørud left with his family in 1872. When he applied for citizenship, he dropped the "Glø" prefix from his name and became known as Johannes Rud.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The file contains a genealogy along with reproductions of photographs, a general history of the family and of the area they came from, and personal recollections of the author.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Archives and Special Collections Department at Pacific Lutheran University. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish or quote from (the collection) must be submitted to the University Archivist. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
The Kjesrud family history, OPVSIEmss_31, Archives and Special Collections, Pacific Lutheran University, 12180 Park Avenue South, Tacoma, WA 98447
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Church architecture--Norway--Eidsborg--History
- Farms--Norway--Østfold fylke--History
- Kjesrud family--Genealogy
- Norway--Emigration and immigration
- World War, 1939-1945
- Personal Names :
- Glørud, Johannes
- Nilson, Arne
- Rude, Joseph O.--Archives
- Family Names :
- Christian family
- Glørud family
- Groseth family
- Kjesrud family
- Nilson family
- Rud family
- Rude family
- Sulrud family
- Geographical Names :
- Eidsberg (Norway)
- Østfold fylke (Norway)--Buildings, structures, etc.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Family history
- Occupations :
- Titles within the Collection :
- Lexicon on families of nobility in Denmark-Norway and Dukdoms
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Frøseth, Helge (creator)