River Running photograph collection, 1930-1940 PDF
- Swain, Frank
- River Running photograph collection
- 1930-1940 (inclusive)19301940
- 1 box
- Collection Number
- The River Running photograph collection contains photographs of river running scenes, including portraits of various individuals involved in river running. Includes a photograph of the John Wesley Powell expedition (1871).
- University of Utah Libraries, Special Collections.
Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library
University of Utah
295 South 1500 East
Salt Lake City, UT
- Access Restrictions
Materials must be used on-site; advance notice suggested. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The photos in this collection depict the activities and routine of river runners in Utah and the surrounding areas. The first 21 photos were donated by river runner Frank Swain.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
Individuals, River Running, Boats and RiversReturn to Top
Container(s): Box 1
Building boats and River Running
Groups of river runners
Scenes along the rivers
Roy Despain river running photography
Roy Despain river running negatives
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Rivers--West (U.S.)--Recreational use--Photographs
- Personal Names :
- Powell, John Wesley, 1834-1902--Travel--Photographs
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Photographic prints--1871-1939