Polleys Lumber Company ledgers, 1922-1936 PDF
- Polley's Lumber Company (Missoula, Mont.)
- Polleys Lumber Company ledgers
- 1922-1936 (inclusive)19221936
- 0.6 linear feet
- Collection Number
- Mss 793
- Polleys Lumber Company was founded in Missoula, Montana by E.H. Polleys in 1910 and continued to operate through 1955, when it was purchased by Intermountain Lumber. This collection consists primarily of 3 ledgers, 1 listing accounts according to customer from 1924-1926 and 2 listing sales by date.
- University of Montana, Mansfield Library, Archives and Special Collections
Archives and Special Collections
Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library
University of Montana
32 Campus Dr. #9936
- Access Restrictions
Researchers must use collection in accordance with the policies of Archives and Special Collections, the Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library, and The University of Montana-Missoula.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
E.H. (Edgar H.) Polleys opened Polleys Lumber in 1910 just south of the Clark Fork (then the Missoula River) between Walnut Street and Catalina Street in Missoula, Montana. In 1912, the Sanborn Fire Insurance map estimated the "average amount of lumber" produced by the mill to be about 7 million feet. The mill included a tail race and a log pond. By 1938, the yard was known as Clute-Polleys Lumber, with Earl A. Clute listed as manager. By 1956, the yard was purchased by Intermountain Lumber.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
This collection consists of 3 ledgers from Polleys Lumber of Missoula, Montana. These ledgers include 2 dating from the early to mid-1920s and 1 from 1933-1936. A sales ledger recording sales from 1924-1926 contains an index of customers over that period of time. Ledgers from 1927-1932 were not received with this collection and their location is unknown.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Researchers are responsible for using in accordance with 17 U.S.C. and any other applicable statutes.
[Name of document or photograph number], Polleys Lumber Ledgers, Archives and Special Collections, Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library, The University of Montana-Missoula.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1/1||Loose ledger pages||1936|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Lumber trade--Montana--Missoula
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Business records--Montana--Missoula