W. Stewart Gardiner papers, 1938-1993 PDF
- Gardiner, W. Stewart (William Stewart)
- W. Stewart Gardiner papers
- 1938-1993 (inclusive)19381993
- 0.1 linear feet
- Collection Number
- The W. Stewart Gardiner papers (1938-1993) consist of essays, news clippings, and photocopies of photographs relating to river trips, particularly on the Green River. Gardiner was an early twentieth-century river runner.
- University of Utah Libraries, Special Collections.
Special Collections, J. Willard Marriott Library
University of Utah
295 South 1500 East
Salt Lake City, UT
- Access Restrictions
Twenty-four hour advanced notice encouraged. Materials must be used on-site. Access to parts of this collection may be restricted under provisions of state or federal law.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The W. Stewart Gardiner papers (1938-1993) consist of personal recollections by Gardiner and Dee Gardiner, his son. W. Stewart ("Stu") Gardiner (1915-1997) was an early twentieth-century river runner, specializing in Utah's Green River. The collection contains accounts of two of these trips, in 1938 and 1939. There is an essay about his father, written by Dee Gardiner in 1993. Also included are river running news clippings and photocopies of photos. Further information on Gardiner can be found in an interview found in Accn 814, as well as in the book If We Had a Boat: Green River Runners, by Roy Webb.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances.
Permission to publish material from the W. Stewart Gardiner papers must be obtained from the Special Collections Manuscript Curator.
Initial Citation: W. Stewart Gardiner papers, Accn 1801, Box [ ]. Special Collections and Archives. University of Utah, J. Willard Marriott. Salt Lake City, Utah.
Following Citations: Accn 1801.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||Essays and news clippings||1938-1993|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Rafting (Sports)--Sources
- Personal Names :
- Gardiner, W. Stewart (William Stewart)--Archives
- Geographical Names :
- Green River (Wyo.-Utah)--Recreational use--History--Sources