Jonathan Bourne mining records, 1880-1938 PDF
- Jonathan Bourne Mining.
- Jonathan Bourne mining records
- 1880-1938 (inclusive)18801938
- 36.0 linear feet, (50 containers, 30 volumes)
- Collection Number
- Bx 187
- Jonathan Bourne, Jr. (1855-1940) was an American politician, attorney, and businessman who owned mines in Oregon, Idaho, Nevada, California and in the Republic and Ruby Hill Mining Districts in Washington State. The collection contains minute and stock books, maps, account books and ledgers, correspondence, deeds, patents and other legal documents, timesheets and payroll books, weekly and annual reports, bills, statements, receipts and other financial papers of Bourne mining properties.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections & University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Jonathan Bourne, Jr. (1855-1940) was an American politician, attorney, and businessman. A native of Massachusetts, he moved to Portland, Oregon, where he became a lawyer and an industrialist with holdings in mining, mills, and agriculture. His mine holdings were concentrated in Oregon and Idaho, Nevada, California and in the Republic Mining District and the Ruby Hill Mining District in Washington State.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection contains minute and stock books, maps, account books and ledgers, correspondence, deeds, patents and other legal documents, timesheets and payroll books, weekly and annual reports, bills, statements, receipts and other financial papers of Bourne mining properties.
Bourne mines include the Arlington Mining Co, Fourth of July Mining Co. and Keystone Mine, Monitor Mine, Hecla Mine, Washington Reduction Co., Ruby Mining District, Eureka District Gold Mining Co., Mountain Lion Gold Mining Co., Tenderfoot and Trail Gold Mining Co., Last Chance Mine, Monarch Gold Mining Co., Eureka and Excelsior Consolidated Mining Co., Oregon Milling Co., Eagle Mining Co., Glasgow Coal, Land and Lumber Co., Divided Car Axle Co., and Bourne Gold Mining Co.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
[Identification of item], Jonathan Bourne mining records, Bx 187, Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Mines and Mineral Resources
- Mines and mineral resources--Oregon
- Mines and mineral resources--Washington (State)
- Mining corporations--Oregon
- Mining corporations--Washington (State)
- Personal Names :
- Bourne, Jonathan, 1855-1940
- Corporate Names :
- Jonathan Bourne Mining--Records and correspondence.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Administrative records
- Financial records