Computing Service Center Records, 1960-1974 PDF
- Computing Service Center Records
- 1960-1974 (inclusive)19601974
- approximate 5 items, ( .25 linear feet), ( 1 containers)
- Collection Number
- Archives 175
- The records consist of various reports sent to the National Science Foundation from the Computing Center during the years 1960 through 1974.
- Washington State University Libraries, Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections.
Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Terrell Library Suite 12
- Access Restrictions
The Collection is open for research use.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Computing Center was established in 1956. The three-fold purpose of the Center was to aid in research, be of service to other research investigators, and educational use. The Computing Center was organized under a Director and a Computing Center Advisory Committee. In 1973 the Computing Center became a part of Systems and Computing but its organizational structure remained the same. In 1979 the Center was renamed the Computing Service Center organized under a Director and Assistant Director.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||1||A Proposal to The National Science Foundation and The Atomic Energy Commission
|1||2||Proposal For A Graduate Science Facilities Grant
|1||3||Newspaper Clipping on New Computer
|1||4||First Annual Report to The National Science Foundation
|1||5||1971-1974 Final Report
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Universities and colleges--Data processing--Washington (State)--Pullman--Archives
- Corporate Names :
- Washington State University. Computing Service Center--Archives (creator)
- Washington State University. Computing Service Center--Records and correspondence
- Washington State University. Libraries--History--Archives
- Washington State University--Information resources management--History--Archives
- Washington State University--Information technology--History--Archives
- Other Creators :
- Corporate Names :
- National Science Foundation (U.S.)--Archives (creator)
- State College of Washington. Computing Service Center. (creator)
- Washington State University. Office of Systems and Computing. Computer Service Center. (creator)