Joseph Chadwick correspondence, 1966 PDF
- Lenniger Literary AgencyChadwick, Joseph
- Joseph Chadwick correspondence
- 1966 (inclusive)19661966
- 1 linear feet, (3 folders, 5 loose volumes.)
- Collection Number
- A 200
- Joseph Chadwick (1909 - ) was a prolific author of westerns, suspense and espionage novels, who was managed by the Lenniger Literary Agency. The collection (1966) contains professional correspondence and paperback volumes.
- University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives.
UO Libraries--SPC, 1299
University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Joseph Chadwick (1909 - ) was born in York, Pennsylvania. He began his writing career in 1935 with the Chicago Daily News Feature Syndicate. He became an author of over ninety-one books, most of them westerns, suspense and espionage novels. His pseudonyms include John Callahan, Jim Conroy, Jim Layne, Jack Barton, Jud Blame, and John Conway. He was managed by the Lenniger Literary Agency.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection (1966) contains professional correspondence, and paperback volumes.
There are three folders of correspondence that include incoming and outgoing letters.
Thirty-two letters are from the Lenniger Literary Agency.
There are five paperback volumes of novels by Chadwick, and three of them are translated versions in Scandinavian languages. Titles include: Jaguar, Avgrundens Rand, Last Stand for a Lawman, Sabrina, and Seksloberen.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
[Identification of item], Joseph Chadwick correspondence, A 200, Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries, Eugene, Oregon.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
1.: Outgoing, 1966Return to Top
Container(s): Box 1, Folder 1
2.: Incoming, 1966Return to Top
Lenniger Literary Agency
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- American fiction--20th century
- Authors and publishers--Correspondence
- Authors, American--20th century--Correspondence
- Suspense fiction--Authorship
- Western stories--Authorship
- Personal Names :
- Chadwick, Joseph--Correspondence
- Corporate Names :
- Lenniger Literary Agency--Records and correspondence
- Form or Genre Terms :