Warren Live Stock Company Records, 1883-1963 PDF
- Warren Live Stock Company (Cheyenne, Wy.)
- Warren Live Stock Company Records
- 1883-1963 (inclusive)18831963
- 2 reels microfilm
- Collection Number
- Mss 032
- The Warren Live Stock Company was a major livestock company based in Cheyenne, Wyoming. The collection consists of the minutes of the stockholder's meetings from 1883 to 1963.
- University of Montana, Mansfield Library, Archives and Special Collections
Archives and Special Collections
Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library
University of Montana
32 Campus Dr. #9936
- Access Restrictions
Researchers must use collection in accordance with the policies of Archives and Special Collections, the Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library, and the University of Montana--Missoula.
- Funding for creating this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historic Publications and Records Commission. Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
Francis Emroy Warren was born in Hinsdale, Berkshire County, Massachusetts, on June 20, 1844 and emigrated to Wyoming, then part of the Dakota Territory, in 1868. In 1883 Warren formed the Warren Live Stock Company which grew to be one of the most important ranching operations in the state, encompassing some 150,000 deeded acres. The company dealt in cattle, horses, sheep, wool, hay, grain, mules, goats, swine, and poultry. It was one of the largest sheep companies in the west. It was also a major real estate holder and one of Wyoming's largest employers.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection consists of the minutes of the stockholders meetings from 1993 to 1963.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Researchers are responsible for using in accordance with 17 U.S.C. and any other applicable statutes. Copyright not transferred to the University of Montana.
[Name of document or photograph number], Warren Live Stock Company Records, Archives and Special Collections, Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library, The University of Montana-Missoula.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||Articles of incorporation and by-laws||1883|
|1||Minutes of stockholder's meetings||1883-1948|
|2||Minutes of stockholder's meetings||1948-1963|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Animal industry -- Wyoming
- Livestock--Wyoming -- Cheyenne
- Ranching -- Wyoming
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Business records -- Montana--Cheyenne
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Warren, Francis E. (Francis Emroy), 1844-1929