The First Experience of the Menstrual Cycle, 1985 PDF
- Degroot, K.A.
- The First Experience of the Menstrual Cycle
- 0.02 linear feet
- Collection Number
- K.A. Degroot was a student of folklore at the University of Oregon. This collection includes an essay and fieldwork documentation relating to this student's folklore fieldwork project.
- University of Oregon, Archives of Northwest Folklore
1287 University of Oregon
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for access in accordance with Archives of Northwest Folklore policy.
- Publication of this finding aid was supported in whole or part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by Oregon State Library.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Testimonies of students explaining their first menstruation. This project is primarily a collection of stories. Any analysis of the text is done within the framework of the author's testimony. The project includes slang terms and phrases related to women's rites of passage.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Collection is open for use in accordance with Archives of Northwest Folklore policy.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||Project release form|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Life cycle
- University students
- Women, Gender, Menarche
- Women's narrative
- Personal Names :
- Baker, Julie
- Berrenger, Doris
- Ciocca, Katie
- Hansen, Sara
- Lee, Jodie
- Geographical Names :
- Eugene (Or.)
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Fieldwork project
- Life cycle narratives
- Personal experience narratives
- Women's narratives
- Women's speech