Harry L. Carr papers, 1962-1972 PDF
- Carr, Harry L.
- Harry L. Carr papers
- 1962-1972 (inclusive)19621972
- .42 cubic feet
- Collection Number
- 2210 (Accession No. 2210-001)
- Papers of a trade union official of Seattle, Washington
- University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
Access restricted: For terms of access, contact Special Collections for details.
Material stored offsite; advance notice required for use.
- Additional Reference Guides
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Trade union official of Seattle, Washington. In addition to his labor activites, Carr was the former president and business Representative of Carpenters District Council; president, King County Labor Council; board member, Forward Thrust; member, Seattle City Planning Commission; member, Civic Center Advisory Committee; board member, Greater Seattle Inc.; vice-chair, Metro Action Committee, 1957; vice-president United Good Neighbor Fund, 1958; director, Seattle Convention and Tourist Bureau, 1959; Board member, Seattle World Trade Center, Inc.; co-chair Citizens Emergency Committee for traffic and recreation, circa 1960.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Correspondence, speeches, minutes, and reports, chiefly concerning Carr's activities as president of Carpenters' District Council, Seattle, Washington. Includes material relating to AFL-CIO, King County Labor Council of Washington, American National Red Cross, Seattle Maritime Advisory Board, and Washington State World Fair Commission.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Creator's literary rights not transferred to the University of Washington Libraries.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Personal Names :
- Carr, Harry L.--Archives
- Corporate Names :
- Century 21 Exposition (1962 : Seattle, Wash.)
- Other Creators :
- Corporate Names :
- American National Red Cross. Seattle Chapter. Service to Military Families Committee (creator)
- American Red Cross (creator)
- Central Labor Council of Seattle and Vicinity (creator)
- Citizens' Port Committee (Seattle, Wash.) (creator)
- Forward Thrust (Seattle, Wash.) (creator)
- Labor Archives of Washington (University of Washington) (creator)
- Maritime Advisory Board (Seattle, Wash.) (creator)
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. District Council (Seattle, Wash.) (creator)