Frank A. Jacobs Photographs, 1920-1921 PDF
- Jacobs, Frank A
- Frank A. Jacobs Photographs
- 1920-1921 (inclusive)19201921
- 7 photographic prints (1 folder) ; 8 x 10 in.
- Collection Number
- Photographs of climbers and mountaineers in Mount Rainier National Park.
- University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open to the public.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was partially provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Biographical NoteReturn to Top
Photojournalist Frank A. Jacobs was born in Kansas in 1881. He settled in Seattle in 1907 and began work as a photojournalist for the Seattle Post-Intelligencer in 1909. He spent the 1920s as the official photographer for the Rainier National Park Company. He died in 1979.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
The collection consists of photographs of mountaineering expeditions in Mount Rainier National Park taken by Frank A. Jacobs.
Other Descriptive InformationReturn to Top
The dates in this collection were taken from the photographer's numbering system in which the first two numbers are the year that the photograph was taken.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top
|1||1-3||Group climbing a glacier||1920|
|1||4-6||Group portrait of climbers on mountain||1920|
|1||7||University party with guide Dean Landis, Paradise Valley||Aug. 6, 1921|
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Mountaineering--Washington (State)--Mount Rainier National Park--Photographs
- Mountaineers--Washington (State)--Mount Rainier National Park--Photographs
- Visual Materials Collections (University of Washington)
- Geographical Names :
- Mount Rainier National Park (Wash.)--Photographs