Property Records, 1916-1994  PDF

Overview of the Collection

Creator
Lane Community College (Eugene, Or.)Facilities Management and Planning Department
Title
Property Records
Dates
1916-1994 (inclusive)
1965-1982 (bulk)
Quantity
.4 cubic feet, (1 document box)
Collection Number
A-015
Summary
Property Records document property owned by the college. The collection contains deeds, leases, and appraisals of land that was donated or transferred to the college.
Repository
Lane Community College Archives
4000 East 30th Avenue
Eugene, OR
97405
Telephone: 541-463-5466
archives@lanecc.edu
Access Restrictions

There are no access restrictions. The collection is open for research.

Languages
English


Historical NoteReturn to Top

The main campus of Lane Community College, located on 30th Avenue southeast of Eugene, was constructed on 105.81 acres of land donated in 1965 by Wilfred Gonyea, a Eugene industrialist. An additional donation of land that included the lagoons was received from Gonyea in 1966. The campus increased in size when Joe Romania and Lew Williams donated 127 acres to the college development fund in 1972.

The college also had a presence on the Oregon Coast. Mr. and Mrs. James Christensen donated land at Siltcoos Station, south of Florence, in 1972. The college leased the Heceta House, located on the property of the Heceta Lighthouse north of Florence, 1970-1982. The college received a donation of land in Florence for the LCC at Florence, originally named the Siuslaw Center, in 1972.

Content DescriptionReturn to Top

This collection of property records includes deeds, leases, donation records, and appraisals of land that were donated or transferred to the college. The property includes the Christensen Resort, the Downtown Center, East 30th campus, Fox Hollow Estates, Heceta Head, and LCC at Florence.

Use of the CollectionReturn to Top

Restrictions on Use

There are no use restrictions.

Preferred Citation

Property Records, 1916-1996 (A-015) Lane Community College Archives, Eugene, Oregon

Administrative InformationReturn to Top


Detailed Description of the CollectionReturn to Top

The following section contains a description of the materials in the collection.

Description Dates
Series A: Property Records
.4 cubic feet (1 document box)
This series includes deeds, leases, donation records, and appraisals of land that were donated or transferred to the college. The property includes the Christensen Resort, the Downtown Center, East 30th campus, Fox Hollow Estates, Heceta Head, and LCC at Florence.Finding aid with contents list for the collection.
Collection is open to the public.
1916-1994, 1965-1982

Names and SubjectsReturn to Top

  • Subject Terms :
  • Community colleges--Oregon
  • Lane Community College (Eugene, Or.)--Buildings--Design and constructin
  • Lane Community College (Eugene, Or.)--Christensen Resort
  • Lane Community College (Eugene, Or.)--Downtown Center
  • Lane Community College (Eugene, Or.)--Heceta Head
  • Lane Community College (Eugene, Or.)--LCC at Florence
  • Lane Community College (Eugene, Or.)--Property
  • Universities and colleges--Oregon
  • Other Creators :
    • Corporate Names :
    • Lane Community College (Eugene, Or.) (corporate name)
    • Lane Community College (Eugene, Or.)--Campus Facilities (corporate name)
    • Lane Community College (Eugene, Or.)--Facilities Management and Planning (corporate name)