Portland Woman's Club records, 1895-1995 PDF
- Portland Woman's Club (Portland, Or.)
- Portland Woman's Club records
- 1895-1995 (inclusive)18951995
- 25 cubic feet (25 record cartons and some loose items)
- Collection Number
- Mss 1084
- Collection includes minutes, correspondence, etc. of the Portland Women's Club. The Portland Woman's Club was formed on December 19, 1895, when a group of Portland women gathered at the home of W. W. Spaulding.
- Oregon Historical Society, Davies Family Research Library
Davies Family Research Library
Oregon Historical Society
1200 SW Park Avenue
- Access Restrictions
The collection is open to the public.
- Additional Reference Guides
Unpublished finding available in the Oregon Historical Society Research Library.
- Conversion of this record was made possible by a grant from the National Historic Publications and Records Commission, an agency of the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration.
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Portland Woman's Club was formed on December 19, 1895, when a group of Portland women gathered at the home of W. W. Spaulding.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Collection includes: Minutes, 1895-1993; Correspondence, ca. 1918-1985; Historian files, ca. 1951-1973; Membership logs and record, 1901-1968; Financial records, 1910-1978; Attendance, 1899-1978, 1989-1998; Secretary's Files, 1986-1995; Publicity, 1915-1968; Safe Deposit, 1953-1973; Insurance, 1925-1979; By-Laws and Constitution, ca. 1897-1975; Publications, 1896-1978; Oregon Federation of Women's Clubs, ca. 1915-1995; General Federation of Women's Clubs, ca. 1915-1948; Miscellaneous, ca. 1922-1995; Scrapbooks, 1897-1983.
Other Descriptive InformationReturn to Top
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
The Oregon Historical Society owns the materials in the Research Library and makes available reproductions for research, publication, and other uses. Written permission must be obtained from the Research Library prior to any reproduction use. The Society does not necessarily hold copyright to all materials in the collections, In some cases, permission for use may require seeking additional authorization from copyright owners.
Portland Woman's Club Records, Mss 1084, Oregon Historical Society Research Library.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Associations, institutions, etc. -- Oregon.
- Women -- Societies and clubs -- Oregon.
- Corporate Names :
- General Federation of Women's Clubs.
- Oregon Federation of Women's Clubs.
- Portland Woman's Club (Portland, Or.) -- Records and correspondence.
- Form or Genre Terms :
- Administrative records. -- aat
- Financial records. -- aat
- Letters (correspondence) -- aat
- Scrapbooks. -- aat