Seattle Creative Activities Center records, 1956-1964 PDF
- Seattle Creative Activities Center (Seattle, Wash.)
- Seattle Creative Activities Center records
- 1956-1964 (inclusive)19561964
- .14 cubic foot
- Collection Number
- 0248 (Accession No. 0248-001)
- Correspondence, minutes and financial records of an art education promotional organization
- University of Washington Libraries, Special Collections
University of Washington Libraries
- Access Restrictions
Access restricted: For terms of access, contact Special Collections.
Records stored offsite; advance notice required for use.
- Additional Reference Guides
Historical NoteReturn to Top
The Seattle Creative Activities Center was founded by Ruth Gonser Lease in 1956 to demonstrate a need for classes in the arts, with the emphasis on creativity. The non-profit educational organization offered tuition-free programs in the fine arts to children ages 4 to 14. The center closed in February, 1964.
Content DescriptionReturn to Top
Correspondence, minutes, and financial records.
Use of the CollectionReturn to Top
Creator's literary rights not transferred to the University of Washington Libraries.
Administrative InformationReturn to Top
Names and SubjectsReturn to Top
- Subject Terms :
- Arts and children
- Corporate Names :
- Seattle Creative Activities Center (Seattle, Wash.)--Archives
- Other Creators :
- Personal Names :
- Bauer, Harry C. (Harry Charles), 1902-1978 (creator)